Assalammualaikum wr wb.. Good Morning!
Yesterday, January 26th 2015, I got a referral from my fellow dentist to fix a broken EMAX crown on tooth 15 and a heavily broken restoration plus secondary caries on tooth 14.
the previous operator had done a root canal treatment, followed by placing a fiber post + Composite core prior to EMAX Crown (I got the X-ray). But, now, let’s not focus on tooth 15, we will do it later.. because i want to focus on tooth 14. Yes, a broken restoration, why?? because, we can not do a proper crown restoration while there is no good contact point in proximal due to a broken proximal wall in tooth 14. 🙂
Some believes that sectional can not be used in free contact area because it will make the proximal wall bigger than expected or the ring will not fit in those area. but, in certain cases i think it is a mandatory.
So, C’mon see the case…
1. initial view form occlusal, we can see the broken EMAX Crown on tooth 15 and a broken composite resin restoration plus secondary caries beneath it on tooth 14.
2. initial lateral view of both premolar teeth. see the black line across gingival wall as the edge of restoration margin. this is the location where the carious lesion begin.
3. finished cavity preparation on tooth 14.
4. placement of sectional matrix and adhesive application.
5. creating a class I cavity from class II cavity by building up the missing wall.
6. finished restoration.
yup, i only used a two body shade on this case. A3 and A3,5 from Z250 (3M ESPE).
alhamdulillaah.. the case was done, and the story still continues..
dentistry is too complex to do it alone, Let’s do it together.. 🙂
see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-