Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
My Restodontic Journey on maxillary second incisive: finished the unfinished endodontic treatment, from apical to coronal
a patient came with unfinished endodontic treatment on maxillary second incisive. he already had this temporary filling for more than 6 months. never know what happen inside root canal, but he received a bad news that the tooth need to be extracted due to the extend of apical infection and inflammation, loss of coronal structure, and incapability of this tooth to received an endodontic treatment.
xray evaluation showed a remnants of calcium hydroxide inside root canal (or a other medicament that seems radiopaque).
the diagnosis was apical periodontitis with pulpless tooth. and after taking a proper informed consent, i started my dental treatment as follows:
- rubberdam placement before endodontic procedure: Sanctuary rubberdam clamp and sheet.
- shaping with Wave One (Dentsply Sirona) with denjoy IM2C wireless endomotor, cleaning with sodium hypochlorite 5,24%, Citric Acid 40%, and agitated with PowerFlosser (waterpik)
- obturation and coronal seal with low shrinkage stress flowable composite: Palfique bulkfill flowable (tokuyama)
- xray evaluation at first visit showing a hermetic obturation
- rubberdam placement
- bleaching with H2O2 37,5%: Pola Office plus (SDI)
- rubberdam placement: sanctuary rubberdam clamp with nictone rubberdam sheet
- composite resin restoration: Palfique LX5 (Tokuyama)
- adjusting, finishing, and polishing with Soflex (3M), Enhance (dentsplySirona)
- Radiograhic examination with Vistaray 7.1 (Durr) showed a hermetic obturation, intact margin and homogeneous body of restoration. this will provide a predictable longevity of restoration.
hope this dental treatment will be long last 🙂
and don’t forget to go to RunForwaRd Facebook Group to see more various cases from dentists in Indonesia:
Yup, that’s for my 145th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)