Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
My Restodontic Journey: Second premolar with three canals and unfinished endodontic treatment with two metal posts..
A patient came to me with discomfort while eating and chewing on upper right region. on my clinical examination, it was a premolar, with two metal posts cemented, and broken composite resin filling. radiographic image showed improper obturation. pain on percussion also exist. the diagnosis was chronic apical periodontitis; post endodontically treated tooth.
after taking a proper informed consent, i did my dental treatment from post removal, access preparation, rewalling with composite resin, root canal treatment, coronal seal, and intermediate restoration with compsite resin as follows.
- Metal post removal followed with restoring the distal wall with composite resin prior to endodontic treatment.
- rubberdam placement: Hu Friedy rubberdam clamp and sanctuary rubberdam sheet
- Shaping with XP Endo Shaper (FKG) Attached on denjoy IM2C wireless endomotor, cleaning with sodium hypochlorite 5,24%, Citric Acid 40%, and agitated with PowerFlosser (waterpik)
- obturation and coronal seal with low shrinkage stress flowable composite: Palfique bulkfill flowable (tokuyama)
- coronal restoration with composite resin: palfique LX5 (tokuyama)
- tint placement to mimic natural tooth anatomy with Paint on color (coltene)
- adjusting, finishing, and polishing with Soflex (3M), Enhance (dentsplySirona)
- Radiograhic examination with Vistaray 7.1 (Durr) showed a hermetic obturation, intact margin and homogeneous body of restoration. this will provide a predictable longevity of restoration.
hope this dental treatment will be long last 🙂
Yup, that’s for my 148th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)
Get Closer With Me Through:
Very nice case!
I love working with endo activator!
Could you tell me what kind of adapter you use with the Powerflosser for the endo activator tips? I need a second activator 🙂
Best regards from Germany
Hi.. thank you Dr.. 🙂
This powerflosser tip is interchangeable with endoactivator tip without any adaptor.
Powerflosser also stated that it has 10.000 cycles per minute as endoactivator. So, you can try it now! Hehe..
Regards from Indonesia Dr.. 😀