Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
deep class II cavity with apical lesion of endodontic origin
My patient, had a big cavity, assymptomatic and very disturbing pain from her upper left second premolar. This tooth was necrotic, the treatment plan was endodontic treatment.
After taking a proper informed consent, i started my dental treatment as follows:
1. rubberdam placement: hu friedy rubberdam clamp on molar, sanctuary rubberdam clamp on premolar after building up the distal wall, and cerkamed rubberdam sheet
2. First thing first was creating a 4-walled cavity access with composite resin (Z350 XT – 3M) and Greatercurve matrix, followed with changing the rubber dam placement from multy teeth to single tooth isolation.
3. Shaping was done with Mtwo Files (VDW) with clockwise reciprocal movement with Denjoy Imate2c endomotor (150CW, 30CCW). cleaning with sodium hypochlorite 5,24%, EDTA 17%.
4. After obturation, the orifices were coronally sealed with low shrinkage stress flowable composite material (SDR). followed with temporary filling.
5. Xray evaluation with VistaScan (Durr) showed an intact marginal adaptation from Guttapercha-composite resin-dentin.
my patient then went to Italy for two months. then, we continue our dental treatment as follows:
6. single tooth isolation: Rubberdam clamp Coltene, nictone rubberdam sheet.
7. core build up with bulkfill composite resin material: filtek Bulkfill (3M)
8. dentin layer with high chroma shade composite resin: FIltek z350XT shade A4
9. enamel layer with high value shade composite resin: Filtek Z350XT shade A2.
10. finishing and polishing with soflex (3M) and enhance (dentsplysirona).
11. xray evaluation with Vistaray 7.1 (Durr) showed intact margin, and homogeneous body of root canal filling and composite resin. this will provide a good prognosis for this restoration and endodontic treatment.
hope this dental treatment will be long last!
and don’t forget to go to RunForwaRd Facebook Group to see more various cases from dentists in Indonesia:
Yup, that’s for my 140th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)