Assalammualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
back on Rio’s daily story on dental cases particularly on conservative dentistry specialist, do both endodontic and restorative dental treatment. and here it is, a SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, A mini series case report update on conservative dentistry from my daily dental practice, it should be updated each week per case, and you can also follow me on my instagram of facebook account by clicking those links. 🙂
as you might realised, we faced so maaaany dental cases everyday, with different cavity design, different patient’s characteristic, different tooth, and many different things.. today, i will deliver my cases on premolar which had MOD (mesio-occlusal-distal) cavity, and had been done a dental restoration by previous dentist.
here is the case.. 🙂
- first clinical view of maxillary right second premolar, showing bad composite resin restoration. take a look at the distal part of the tooth, it seemed that the previous operator didn’t use appropriate matrix system to restore the cavity, and the result was the overhanged composite resin restoration.
- after removal of previous restoration and cavity preparation, the overhanged restoration leaving the artefact in the gingival wall. fortunately, with proper tissue management, the bleeding can stop within minute.
- same as picture number 2 with different angulation.
- placement of sectional matrix on both distal and mesial side of second premolar. look at the gingival wall – matrix junction, it should be as tight as possible, and this can be approached by using appropriate wedge. i used triodent sectional matrix system to restore the tooth with both universal and narrow ring available.
- final result of composite resin restoration on upper right second premolar. i used only body color, and the composite was Z250 (3M ESPE), a microhybrid composite resin material. oh, and the gingival part of it, i used SDR (dentsply), a low shrinkage stress flowable composite material. the polishers i used were white stone/arkansas, enhance (dentsply), and Soflex (3M ESPE).
Yup, that’s for my 21th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-