Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
Restoration of class II cavity adjacent to edentulous area on upper molar
My patient still had a hypersensitive sensation while drinking cold beverages although he had his tooth cavity fixed by another operator. This upper molar had overhanged GIC.
After taking proper informed consent, i started my dental treatment as follows:
1. Rubberdam placement: hu friedy rubberdam clamp and nictone rubberdam sheet.
2. GIC removal and tooth preparation, what surprise me was i found a cotton pellet inside GIC restoration. The smell of eugenol was very strong.
3. Matrix placement: Springclip matrix (TOR VM)
4. Composite resin: filtek bulkfill (3M) as first layer (shade A3). CeramX sphere tec (dentsply) as coronal layer (shade A2 – non vita). Brown tint (Coltene)
5. Finishing and polishing with Soflex (3M) and enhance (dentsply).
6. Xray evaluation with vistaray 7.1 (durr showed an intact marginal integrity and homogeneous restoration body.
From this point, the usage of matrix was very helpful in creating a predictable result.
Yup, that’s for my 132nd story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)