Assalammualaikum wr wb.. Good Morning!!
So, here is the case..
Did you see any fistulae in the buccal of 36?
The previous operator didn’t do any root canal treatment to this tooth, he/she only close the cavity with amalgam, although the cavity has progressed into the pulp. Yup, We know the result, the infection move to periapical, and causing this appearance.
This time, i did a RCT, squirt out a liltle bit of my obturation, and give a final SDR as my coronal seal (might also use for root anchorage).
but, The story still continues, it needs a final extracoronal restoration.
1. first view of tooth 36, take a look at the fistulae at the buccal area.
2. Access opening, i found 3 orifices.
3. Start root canal preparation (biomechanical preparation using rotary instrument and sodium hypochlorite 5,25%) in mesiobuccal orifice.
4. in this picture, i want to show the effect of sodium hypochlorite when agitated in the root canals while filing the root canal and/or agitating it using endoactivator.
5. Finished root canal cleaning and shaping,
6. Finished root canal obturation,
7. placement of SDR (Smart dentin Replacement) as coronal seal.
see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-