Assalammualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
Today, february 12th 2015, is a good day to write down a new case report which was done in february 10th 2015, yup! fresh case two days ago.. 🙂 welcome to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, conservative dentistry at a glance.. a mini story of CeritaPasienRio.Com.. 🙂
hmm… today i got a very sad news that there were a shooting accident to three muslims in chapel hill, i wish for their spirit. And also this week is a very rainy season in Jakarta, many floods happen every where. (even, i could not go to my dental practice last monday), i wish for a better jakarta.. 🙂
ok.. now is the turn to share my case. as i mentioned before in my tittle, this case will tell the story about third molar. The patient came to me with mild to moderate pain, he/she had went to many dentists and got many advices wether he/she got him/her tooth removed or treated. the tooth happened to get a dental treatment before by my patient’s previous dentist, when i checked the tooth, it was a GIC and had broken structure already. after got the informed consent by the patient, i started to treat the tooth. the first obstacle was the location of the tooth, yes it is a third molar with a small mouth opening and limited working area. Second is the anatomy of the root canals, oh.. they are curved canal. here is the case.. 🙂
1. First appearance, take a look at the restoration which already destructed, and the caries progression into the pulp. i suspected that the previous operator had tried to do an open access
2. after access opening, i found 2 out of 3 canals. but the 10 k-file had reached the mesiobuccal successfully.
3. take a look at the mesio-buccal canal which already opened after doing the mesiolingual and distal canals.
4. finished root canal cleaning and shaping.
5. filling the distal canal
6. finished filling the 3 canals.
7. radiographic image after obturation and placement of the coronal seal (also as a canal anchorage).
the files i used in here were Protaper, with sodium hypochlorite 5,25% as irrigation material.
see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-