Assalammualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
Long time no see from my last update since february 24th, eh? How are you? hope everyone miss this update, hehe.. welcome to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, conservative dentistry at a glance.. a mini story of CeritaPasienRio.Com.. 🙂 this site will be delivered in english. Today, i will write a story from my dental case which i did two days ago, or exactly at march 4, 2015. this case was quite simple but i think we can find something challenging from a simple thing, don’t we?
a patient came to me with a main complain on her upper left tooth which always felt sensitive while drinking a cold water (or any food and beverage that have significant hot or cold temperature), she could not tell the exact teeth because the feeling was general. When i take a look at the tooth, there was a caries on upper left premolar.. and the treatment begins..
1. (upper left) first appearance.. as we can see, there is a cavity in the proximal distal wall of upper left first premolar. the marginal ridge looks frozen white or chalky white as a big demineralization has gone deeper than the outer looks.
2. (upper right) Matrix placement after cavity preparation. the caries was big, i need to dig up lots of demineralized dentin prior to make a good restoration.
3. (middle left) Placement of low shrinkage stress flowable composite material as initial layer and dentin replacement prior to packable composite resin placement. i chose SDR to fulfill the requirement.
4. (middle right) right after placement of final layer of composite material, i checked the occlusion and articulation via articulating paper. as we can see, only little adjustment needed.
5. (Bottom) Final Result after finishing and polishing.
I restored the cavity using a composite resin, SDR as a dentin replacement and Z350XT as final layer of restoration. the matrix i used was Palodent Plus. the time lapse was 30 minutes including a polishing and finishing time. Oh, i used a single shade, no tint or color modifier.. 🙂
don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site..
see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
M e e t m e a t :