Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
Endodontic Treatment on Lower Right First Molar
When I worked with first molar, i always remembered the curve mesial canal.
The number and configuration of root canals in mandibular first permanent molar, studied by radiographic method, on 60 teeth revealed: (Goel NK et al)
(1) one canal in the mesial root in 5 percent, two in 78.3 percent, three in 13.3 percent and four in 3.3 percent. In distal root, one canal was observed in 58.3 percent, two in 40 percent and three in 1.7 percent of the cases;
(2) transverse anastomosis existed in about half of the mesial roots; whereas in distal root, it was only 21.7 percent;
(3) biconvex canal curvature was seen in 18.3 percent of mesial and 1.7 percent of distal roots
(4) apical foramina: in mesial root two apical foramina were observed in 60 percent of specimens, three in 6.7 percent and four in 3.3 percent. In distal root, two apical foramina were seen in 25 percent and three in 1.7 percent cases;
(5) type of root canal: type 2-1 was the most common feature of mesial as well as distal roots;
(6) the mesial root canals tended to be curved in 51.7 percent, while distal root canal straight in 58.3 percent.
Here i got a referral from my friend, a dentist. A mandibular molar with loss of distal wall. After taking proper informed consent, i started the dental treatment. From rebuild the distal wall to endodontic treatment.
Access preparation was done prior to rewalling with glass ionomer cement (ketac molar). Rubberdam with single tooth isolation (sanctuary rubberdam clamp, cerkamed rubberdam sheet). Cleaning and shaping with Mtwo files (VDW) and ClockWise reciprocal motion with Denjoy endomotor (Imate2C). Irrigation with NaOCl 5,24% (generic) and EDTA 18% sol (ultradent). Filled with Guttapercha. Sealed with composite resin flowable bulkfill (filtekBulkfill flowable – 3M). Xray evaluation with Vistaray 7.1 (Durr) showed an well filled canal, with intact margin of composite resin, gutta percha, and dentin.
Yup, that’s for my 111th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)