Assalamualaikum Wr Wb.. Good Morning!!
welcome back to SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, a full story of my mini series updated from my social media such as instagram, facebook, google plus, and also twitter. Sometimes, I also updated my cases at Line or Linkedin. 🙂 this topic will focus only on conservative dentistry cases such as restorative dentistry and endodontic or root canal treatment.
Replacing amalgam with composite resin using two shade and no tint
Yesterday, patient came with a broken, 2 years old, and improper amalgam filling on upper left first molar, which has bothered her appearance, and regularly food debris stuck at the margin, not easy to remove, causing sensitive tooth and bad breath.
After taking proper informed consent, i did my dental treatment as follows:
1. Rubberdam placement: hu friedy rubberdam clamp and nictone rubberdam sheet. (Double high suction was used to suck amalgam debris after removal)
2. Filtek bulkfill flowable (3M) as first layer to make a good marginal adaptation.
3. Ever-X (fibre reinforced composite resin from GC), 2 mm.
4. G-Aenial (GC) shade A3 as a dentin color.
5. G-Aenial (GC) shade A1 as enamel color.
6. Finishing and polishing: regular arkansas stone, soflex (3M), and Enhance (Dentsply)
No tint nor color modifier was used, and now we are waiting for rehydration..
Yup, that’s for my 120th story in SekilasKonservasiGigi.Com, For more stories please visit CeritaPasienRio.Com or browse my fb at facebook.com/RioSuryantoro and instagram.com/Riosuryantoro don’t forget to click the follow botton on your rigth side to get the latest updates from my site.. see you on my next dental story..
thank You Very Much,
keep UP the GOOD WORK!!
keep on Sharing,
with love from Jakarta, Indonesia
Wassalammualaikum Wr Wb..
-drg. Rio Suryantoro, Sp.KG-
(Conservative Dentistry Specialist / Endodontist)